Southridge Facts & Figures:
• Southridge, located at the intersection of two major transportation corridors in Des Moines, Iowa, transformed into a mixed-use center to better serve the community with neighborhood retail, big box retail and other non-traditional uses.
• Southridge continues to work on their transformation. In 2012, demolition of 296,000 square feet of mall space between the existing Sears and Target was completed and the construction of new open-air store fronts including, Kay Jewelers, FootLocker, rue21, and T-Mobile were built. In 2013, Sprint, GNC, maurices, Marshalls, Shoe Carnival, were added to the center. Party City joined the transformation in 2014.
• The pedestrian plaza with outdoor seating outside of Younkers adds a great amenity to the center. Digital elements were added to the center that included WiFi and a new website which was created in 2015. Leasing continues to be underway for the remaining store fronts within the 100,000 square feet of retail space.
• During the redevelopment, new signage was introduced along with convenient vehicular access.
• Des Moines Area Community College opened in August 2013. DMACC is utilizing 64,000 square feet of the former JCPenney building for its Career Academy and Learning Center. The facility offers high-level vocational training for high school students and also houses the college’s Success Center, which offers GED and English language learning programs.
Future Redevelopment Plans:
• An integral part of the Des Moines community for almost 40 years, Southridge has transitioned into a mixed-use center to better serve its community. Anchored by Younkers, Sears, Target and Hy-Vee and offering over thirty retail and dining options, Southridge continues to transform. In the past few years the property has added more neighborhood retail and big box brands, including Marshall’s, Party City, Des Moines Area Community College and most recently we are proud to partner with the Miller Valentine Group in plans to add a senior housing development at Southridge.
• Together with the City of Des Moines and the Miller Valentine Group, Southridge is working to revitalize Southridge and build on the property's strong retail history, as well as its close proximity to attractions such as Blank Park Zoo, Blank Park Golf Course and Fort Des Moines County Park. With a long history of connecting with its community, the center has a bright future as well as plans for growth. We look forward to sharing more details in the near future.
• At the intersection of Army Post Road & SE 14th Street in Des Moines, with exceptional access via I-35, I-235 and I-80 to other Iowa communities.
• Southridge is home to a blend of national and local retail and service offerings as well as exterior shops including Southridge 12 Theater, Hy-Vee, Toys ‘R Us, Petco, Midas, Midwest Mattress, New China Buffet and all three anchors -- Target, Younkers and Sears. Plans include the addition of big box and neighborhood retail as well as specialty stores and restaurants.
• Macerich, Santa Monica, Calif. (NYSE: MAC)
• Southridge is proud to serve the Iowa community with its prime location situated near Army Post Road and SE 14th Street. For the most up-to-date information, guests are encouraged to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, download our mobile app or visit our Website.
• Macerich® (NYSE: MAC) aligns exceptional retail properties in attractive U.S. markets with the business goals of the nation's retailers and the shopping preferences of local consumers. The company is one of the country’s leading owners, operators and developers of major retail properties.
1111 E Army Post Rd
Des Moines, IA 50315
Mon-Sat: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Restaurant and Department Store Hours May Vary